Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ode to the Funny People That Keep My Head Out of the Oven

How do I love thee?

It has been awhile since my last post because I've been battling a sinus infection that spread to my teeth and caused me to contemplate the removal of said offending teeth and just head straight into dentures. On top of this lovely mess, a filling replaced in November was done incorrectly, requiring additional dental work. Not a happy camper. Antibiotics and humor kept me sane over the holiday and through the healing period. Thus, a thank you to those keep me laughing and keep my head out of the oven.

Catherine Tate - My fellow red, you've taught me to not be bovvered by anything that doesn't make me laugh.




Matt Lucas and David Walliams - If ever I'm on a deserted island, I'm sorry, but you will need to accompany me. As individuals and a combo, I find you delightful.




King of the Hill
- As a native Texan, I'm tickled when I see or hear glimmers of images past in the words and actions of the Hill family. Sadly, KOTH went off the air in 2009, and Brittany Murphy, the human counterpart to Luanne Platter, died in December.

Ricky Gervais
- You slay me. You force me to watch your outtakes just to hear your silly laugh.



Graham Norton
- You are hilarious, and you've created a show that can be filed under "can't miss" with the combination of actors, comedians, and musicians you invite to your naughty couch. I love the interaction you have with your audience--note to self: be careful what you volunteer for when you attend a GN taping.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 - My BFF in high school raved about this show but I didn't have the cable channel that aired it and had not a clue what she was talking about. Now that I can find the episodes on the shelves of my local library, I'm quickly catching up on the series. Question for Laserblast fans, Why is Billy's face the only part of his body that turns green? And, "Are you ready for some football?" :)

Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist
- This is a series that I can watch over and over and keep laughing. I catch something new each time around. I love the relationship between Dr. Katz and his son, Ben. They are a sweet duo. Here is a great episode guide to the show.



Wanda Sykes - A little sass and a lot of fun. The social and political commentary in her stand-up comedy is spot on. I just love the fact that she isn't afraid to "go there" with her comedy.

French and Saunders - Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders are two very funny ladies. I can't get enough of their "recreated" music videos. Wish there were more female comedic duos.



Who keeps you laughing?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails